Scenic Houston has provided streetscape enhancements along the Broadway Street airport corridor connecting William P. Hobby Airport to I-45 Gulf Freeway. Broadway Street has been rebuilt by the City of Houston, but with no budget for streetscape enhancements. Scenic Houston, not wanting to miss an opportunity to create a high-impact, beautifully landscaped gateway, has secured the necessary $6.2 million in funding to provide infrastructure and aesthetic improvements to the corridor.
- 410 new trees — Live Oak, Elm, Mexican Sycamore, Water Oak, Monterrey Oak, Natchez Crepe Myrtle
- Distinctive pedestrian crosswalks, featuring red brick inlays
- Extensive, lush landscaping the length of the boulevard’s wide median
- Modern state-of-the-art LED streetlights lining the full length of the corridor
- Maintenance infrastructure plan in place, through Hobby Area Management District
The Broadway Project was completed in January 2017, and in time for Super Bowl LI, when the eyes of the world turned to Houston. Scenic Houston was thrilled it could capitalize on the city’s road improvements and expand on the investments made by the Houston Airport System on Airport Blvd. Our leadership is confident our project is the first step in improving the quality of life for the community, while simultaneously creating a favorable first impression to visitors traveling through Hobby Airport.